Work Accident Chiropractor in CT
Work Injury Rehabilitation
If you’ve been injured on the job or have been experiencing any sort of bodily pain on a consistent basis due to work related stress, a slip and fall, heavy lifting, or just continuously hunched over a computer, we can help.
There is no reason for you to go through your work day in pain and let it affect your lifestyle beyond your work hours. If you have had a work related injury don't hesitate to set an appointment with us today.
Common Statistics Show:
- Industrial injuries result in injury to a worker, both physically and financially.
- Back pain is responsible for more loss of work time and increased medical expenses related to treatment than any other ailment.
- Neck and back damage account for more that 90% of work injuries.
- Chiropractic gets injured workers out of pain and back to work fast; with lower treatment costs compared to other forms of treatments.
How common are work related injuries?
Musculoskeletal disorders of any cause are among the most prevalent medical problems, affecting 7% of the population and accounting for 14% of physical visits and 19% of hospital stays. When looking specifically at cases involving days away from work, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that in 1994, approximately 32% of all illness cases were the result of overexertion or repetitive motion. This figure includes back injuries.
Are Repetitive Tasks At Work Causing You Pain?
If you repeatedly use the same part of your body over and over in your work, you may develop strain. Computer operators, typists and musicians sometimes develop pain in their wrists, fingers or hands.
The strain may also be experienced as numbness and tingling sensations in joints, or as neck pain. The medical name for this condition is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). CTS can easily be diagnosed and treated.
We Manage These Common Workplace Accident Injuries, And More
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Herniated disk
- Degenerative disk disease
- Facet joint syndrome
- Spinal stenosis
- Sprains and strains
We aim to provide the best quality care through evidence-based chiropractic adjusting techniques, physical therapy protocols, and medically necessary adjunct therapies.
Common Chiropractic Treatments for Work-Related Injuries
- Chiropractic adjustments. These are the most common type of treatment for work-related injuries. Adjustments help to increase the range of motion and improve function.
- Manual therapies. These are gentle hands-on techniques that help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Exercise and rehabilitation. Therapeutic exercise helps to strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the injured area. Rehabilitation helps to improve the range of motion and flexibility.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapy uses heat, cold, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Massage therapy. We massage the injured area to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Acupuncture. We use needles to stimulate the nervous system and release endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling. We provide advice on diet, exercise, and other lifestyle changes that can help reduce pain and improve overall health.
- SpineMED Decompression. This non-surgical decompression treatment relieves pressure on the spinal disks and nerves.
How will a chiropractor help after a workplace accident?
After a workplace accident, you may be dealing with pain from injuries to the spine, muscles, or other structures. Chiropractic care can help reduce inflammation and restore range of motion. It is a drug-free, non-invasive way to relieve pain and speed up recovery. Your workplace accident chiropractor helps you regain mobility and strength to complete your daily tasks.
Conveniently located in New Haven & Bridgeport, our staff can help relieve your pain and get you back to working comfortably both at home and at work. Work Injuries are very common, and our help is available!
Allowing us to get you back on track both chemically and structurally will bring your body back to the proper state it should be in to perform at its peak. The fastest and easiest way to schedule your appointment with one of our doctors is to first use our contact page to select your location. One of our staff members will promptly schedule you with a convenient time to see one of our doctors.
What should I expect from a work injury chiropractic treatment?
At your first appointment, we will take a comprehensive health history and perform a physical examination. We may also order x-rays or imaging tests. Based on our findings, we'll develop a plan that may include spinal adjustments, therapeutic exercises, and massage therapy.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
Bring your workers' compensation claim number and any other insurance information. You'll also need to fill out paperwork that permits us to treat you. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing so we can easily access the area causing pain in your body.
How soon should I go to a chiropractor after a workplace accident?
Seek medical attention as soon as possible. You'll start on the road to recovery and prevent further injury by getting treatment right away.
Schedule an Examination with a Work Accident Chiropractor in Connecticut
Dr. Glenn and his Connecticut Spine and Rehab team have the knowledge and experience to deal with work-related injuries to the spine, muscles, and other structures.